Skip to main content

What you need to know about the Zoella X Colourpop collaboration

I was excited to see the release of the Zoella X Colourpop Brunch Date collection. This collaboration wasn't a very obvious one to me initially. Colourpop are an American brand and aren't widely available in the UK or Europe. Many people have criticised this collaboration as Zoella is not a make up artist and beauty isn't her sole focus anymore. However I do think this is a clever collaboration on Colourpop's behalf as Zoella has such a huge fan base in this part of the world and further afield.
As far as I know the only way to purchase Colourpop cosmetics is from their website and there is a shipping fee of $10 to Ireland. I placed my order on the 1st of March and it took about two weeks to arrive from America. I ordered the Brunch Date eyeshadow palette and the ultra matte lip in the shade 'Little one'. There are many other products that come in this collaboration but I decided to only get these two products to test out due to the fact that I have never tried Coloupop cosmetics before. There is an offer on the entire Brunch Date collection for $89 if you are interested in trying out all the products in this collaboration. I must say I think the idea of a Brunch theme for this collaboration is very on brand for Zoella. It's unique and cute. Colourpop cosmetics are very reasonably priced and that held true for this collaboration. The eyeshadow palette cost $18 and the ultra matte lip was only $6.50. I've never tried any of Colourpop's eyeshadows before but I do think the palette is the star of this collaboration. The colour scheme is very nice, the shades are extremely pigmented and the packaging of this palette is perfect. The mattes in this palette do have a bit of fall out in the pan but not on the face. The shimmers and metallic/foiled shades are my favorite in this palette,  they are so pigmented it's like putting glitter on your eyelid.

The only negative I would say about this palette is that the colour scheme does look a bit like the Kylie Cosmetics Royal Peach palette from 2017. This doesn't bother me but I have seen a lot of people complaining about this online. I think it's mostly because of the blue shades in these palettes looking identical and then the rest of the shades are warm toned shades that many people are making this comparison. Honestly I haven't tried the Kylie palette so I can't say for certain but I do believe that these palettes are both unique in their own right. The ultra matte lip is something I was very interested to test out because I have heard so many great reviews online about Colourpop's matte liquid lipsticks. I really like the shade of this lipstick. It's a great nude pink shade that will probably suit any look.
Overall I do like this collaboration, I think the eyeshadow palette has stunning shades with amazing pigmentation and the liquid lipstick is a very nice shade that will suit most skin tones. I think Coloupop are the ones that look better coming off this collaboration. For Zoella I think the collection was very on brand but I think she played it too safe. She could have gone more out of comfort zone in the creative process. Also the fact that you can only get this from the Coloupop website doesn't allow the consumer to try out the product beforehand and Coloupop also don't offer returns on their products so that's something to watch out for when shopping on their site. 

Thanks for reading!
Products mentioned:
Brunch Date eyeshadow palette: https://colourpop.com/products/brunch-date
Ultra Matte Lip: https://colourpop.com/products/little-one
Brunch Date Bundle: https://colourpop.com/products/brunch-date
Check out my social media too!
Save on some gorgeous watches by using the code 'beautycrean15': http://capitolawatches.com?ref=4797
Save money with the code 'beautycrean' on House of Sparklez: https://www.houseofsparklezuk.com/
Get £10 off your first order when you spend £30 on Feel Unique by using this link http://referme.to/qklwYLo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Testing make up brushes from Lidl?!

Hi guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Miomare professional cosmetic brush set from Lidl. I was in Lidl last week and saw these. They were only €5 and I thought they would make an interesting blog post. This is an eight piece set that includes a powder brush, a blush brush, an eye shadow brush, a mascara wand, a lip brush, an eyeliner brush, an eye shadow applicator and  a brush roll . All the brushes are 100% synthetic. There were a few different colours of the brush rolls but I just got the black faux leather one. I was testing these brushes out over the weekend and I have some mixed feeling about them. My favourite brushes in this set are the powder and the blush blushes. I also really like the mascara wand. However I didn't enjoy the rest of the brushes. The eyeshadow brush did not apply product on my eyelid very well. The eyeshadow applicator, eyeliner and lip brushes weren't very useful for me. I don't usually use these tools when applying my make up anyway

SOSU Contour Stick

Hi guys! Today I’m going to be reviewing the SoSu contour stick. I’m aware this product has been around for a while now but I have always avoided cream contour products for two reasons. The first being that I don’t want the product to slide around my face and also powder products are easier to use. Secondly, any cream contour products I have come across for reasonable money have been too dark for my skin tone. I purchased the contour stick in the shade ‘Cool’ from my local pharmacy that stocks SoSu products. On application I swiped the contour stick directly onto my face where I would normally apply contour powder and then I used a beauty sponge to blend it out. The stick is very pigmented and it only takes one swipe to apply. It’s very smooth on the skin and the product is easy to build up if you want a more prominent contour. The component feels good quality and the product is cruelty-free, paraben-free and vegan. Overall I think this is a great product. The stick is ea

What's in Penney's right now!