Skip to main content

Shampoo Bar


I recently have been testing out a shampoo bar and I thought this would be a great product to review. I purchased the shampoo bar in my local health food shop. Another popular place that sells these are Lush. I have recently attempted to greatly reduce the amount of plastic I use in my life and in particular single use plastic. A change we all need to focus on. I purchased this shampoo bar for €4.95. Some people may think this is expensive for a bar of shampoo however I think I spend the same amount if not more on one bottle of shampoo and the bar will last longer depending on the length of hair you have.
I understand that some people avoid these types of products as they are afraid they won’t clean the hair as well as generic bottled shampoos. I must say that this a myth. My hair is perfectly clean after using the bar and I have seen no negatives to using this bar except perhaps it takes a small bit more time to wash my hair but this is minor. However, one thing that is important to check before purchasing is that you are buying the correct bar for your hair type. Depending if your hair is dry or oily you need to buy the one that suits your hair just like you would when purchasing a bottle of shampoo.
I rinse my hair and lather up the bar in my hands and then apply the lather to my head. You can also directly rub the bar on your head and it will lather up that way too.
I place mine on a shelf in the shower after use. Alternatively, you can use a plate or a tin container to store your product. Tin containers, available at Lush, are very useful storage when travelling with these types of bars.
I picked up the Lavender and ylang ylang scent. This smells incredible and the bar will last ages. I have used mine for about two weeks now and the bar is still perfectly in tack. It has not lost its shape or broken apart in any way.
I think more people should definitely try these out. The amount of plastic we use in our bathroom alone is huge and also so unnecessary. So I would urge people to change to these alternatives and to reduce plastic in as many areas of their lives as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Testing make up brushes from Lidl?!

Hi guys! Today I'm going to be reviewing the Miomare professional cosmetic brush set from Lidl. I was in Lidl last week and saw these. They were only €5 and I thought they would make an interesting blog post. This is an eight piece set that includes a powder brush, a blush brush, an eye shadow brush, a mascara wand, a lip brush, an eyeliner brush, an eye shadow applicator and  a brush roll . All the brushes are 100% synthetic. There were a few different colours of the brush rolls but I just got the black faux leather one. I was testing these brushes out over the weekend and I have some mixed feeling about them. My favourite brushes in this set are the powder and the blush blushes. I also really like the mascara wand. However I didn't enjoy the rest of the brushes. The eyeshadow brush did not apply product on my eyelid very well. The eyeshadow applicator, eyeliner and lip brushes weren't very useful for me. I don't usually use these tools when applying my make up anyway

SOSU Contour Stick

Hi guys! Today I’m going to be reviewing the SoSu contour stick. I’m aware this product has been around for a while now but I have always avoided cream contour products for two reasons. The first being that I don’t want the product to slide around my face and also powder products are easier to use. Secondly, any cream contour products I have come across for reasonable money have been too dark for my skin tone. I purchased the contour stick in the shade ‘Cool’ from my local pharmacy that stocks SoSu products. On application I swiped the contour stick directly onto my face where I would normally apply contour powder and then I used a beauty sponge to blend it out. The stick is very pigmented and it only takes one swipe to apply. It’s very smooth on the skin and the product is easy to build up if you want a more prominent contour. The component feels good quality and the product is cruelty-free, paraben-free and vegan. Overall I think this is a great product. The stick is ea

What's in Penney's right now!